I don’t know about you but I’ve been very bored recently! Unable to go out as I usually would I have been finding myself on many ZOOM calls with friends drinking cups of tea and catching up. Nothing goes better with a cup of tea than a slice of banana cake.
Banana cake, is one of the easiest cakes to make. Ever. This one is plain but you can jazz it up with your favourite fillings too.
- 3 very ripe medium bananas (black ones if possible)
- 3 large eggs
- 100 grams of light brown sugar
- 150ml of vegetable oil
- 275g of white self raising flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnimon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 180C/160C Fan/Gas 4 and grease and line a 900g/2lb loaf tin with baking parchment or use a loaf tin liner.
- Peel the bananas and mash with a fork. Tip into a large mixing bowl and add the eggs, sugar and oil. Use a fork or whisk to combine.
- Add the flour, cinnimon and baking powder and whisk together until thoroughly combined. Pour into the prepared tin. Bake for 40 minutes, or until the cake is well risen and a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Cool in the tin for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack. Serve warm or cold in slices. Spread with butter if you like